In the card solitaire Classic Klondike (Klondyke) you start with a stock of cards and a tableau consisting of seven piles containing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 cards, respectively. Only the top card in each pile is initially shown. From this setup you should in classic Klondike try to build down from kings to aces in alternate colors in order to unlock as many hidden cards as possible. The remaining cards in the stock can be turned to a playing pile from where you may pick cards to use for building straights in alternate colors on the tableau. Finally, you should try to build a foundation of cards in each suit, from aces to kings. You have successfully finished the solitaire if you have moved all cards to the foundation. During game play, you are in classic Klondike awarded points for every card that you turn on the tableau, for every card you move to the tableau and for every card that you move to the foundation. To increase your score when playing classic Klondike, you should try to finish the patience in as short time as possible.
The card solitaire has three different settings: turn three, turn one and turn three then one. In the first setup you turn three cards at a time from the stock to the playing pile and in the second setup you turn one card at a time. In both of these versions of the solitaire you may recycle the playing pile to the stock when there are no more cards left in it. In the third setup you start by turning three cards at a time. When the stock is empty you may choose to recycle the playing pile to the stock and continue to turn three cards at a time, or you may choose to recycle and start turning one card at a time. When switching to turning one card you may however not recycle the playing pile the next time around.
Classic Klondike features:
- A number of different card tables and
- Different card backsides.
- Highscore that you can use to compete with yourself.
- Game statistics.
- Sound effects that can be turned on and off.
- A zoom function that can be used for zooming on small devices.
- Adjustable card animation speed.
* This version of the card solitaire contains ads and the requested permissions are used for that.
* An issue that in specific situations can lead to the application not responding has been resolved.
* Updated card table graphics.
* A new card table has been added.
* Minor updates to GUI.
* A minor bug has been resolved.
* Graphics for card tables have been updated for high density screens.
* Graphics for cards have been updated.
* The deck shuffling algorithm has been updated.