Exactly what you need to know about 1000 of the most commonly used medications
Proving that sometimes less text can deliver more information, this super-concise guide covers more than one thousand of the most commonly used medications. Organized alphabetically by generic drug name, Clinician's Pocket Drug Reference zeros-in on must-know information such as selection and administration, mechanisms of action, dosage, cautions, contraindications, and side effects.
"A big plus is the herbal section, which lists the medicines patients are most likely to try on their own, presented in the same layout as the rest of the book....For its size, this book is a valuable re¬source. It takes up very little pocket room, and it is an efficient way to recall details about familiar drugs."--Yale Journal of Biology & Medicine
Leonard G. Gomella, MD, is Chair of Urology at Thomas Jefferson University Medical College in Philadelphia, PA.
Steven Haist, MD, and Aimee G. Adams, PharmD, are affiliated with the University of Kentucky School of Medicine.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
Version 4.3.103 features: