Exactly what you need to know about 1000 of the most commonly used medications
Proving that sometimes less text can deliver more information, this super-concise guide covers more than one thousand of the most commonly used medications. Organized alphabetically by generic drug name, Clinician's Pocket Drug Reference zeros-in on must-know information such as selection and administration, mechanisms of action, dosage, cautions, contraindications, and side effects.
"A big plus is the herbal section, which lists the medicines patients are most likely to try on their own, presented in the same layout as the rest of the book....For its size, this book is a valuable re¬source. It takes up very little pocket room, and it is an efficient way to recall details about familiar drugs."--Yale Journal of Biology & Medicine
Leonard G. Gomella, MD, is Chair of Urology at Thomas Jefferson University Medical College in Philadelphia, PA.
Steven Haist, MD, and Aimee G. Adams, PharmD, are affiliated with the University of Kentucky School of Medicine.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Ability to add bookmarks to favorite words
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
* Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Convenient two pane design for tablets
* Fast article scrolling
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature
* Support for memory cards
Version 4.3.103 features: