The Club Managers' Association Australia is registered as an industrial organisation of employees in the terms of the Fair Work Act, 2009, and the Club Managers' Association is a registered Trade Union in the terms of the New South Wales Industrial Relations Act 1996. The CMAA is affiliated with the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU).
The Club Managers' Association Australia, whilst a responsible union, is in the unique position of having its members as both employees, under the Club Managers State (NSW) and Federal Award, and also as employers in their day to day management and administration of Registered Licensed Clubs. Subsequently, the role of the Association extends beyond a purely industrial focus to include the advancement and professional growth of its members and the industry as a whole.
The Association represents professional managers of clubs, some 2,500 of whom manage approximately two thirds of NSW licensed clubs. In this capacity, they are required to be competent in a diverse range of administrative and managerial capacities including the provision of advice to directors and implementation of all aspects of the Registered Clubs Act, Corporations Laws and other relevant legislation. The necessary expertise is gained through the activities of the educational arm of the Association, Club Management Development Australia.
What services do we offer?
- Industrial Advice and Professional Legal Coverage
- Assistance in the Preparation of Employment Contracts
- Career Guidance
- Accredited Management Training & Assessment
- Educational Conferences, Trade Shows & Seminars
- Representation on Government and Industry Committees
- CCM/ACCM Industry Recognition Awards
- National Network of Club Managers & Zone Meetings
- Monthly Club Management in Australia Magazine
Download the CMAA App to receive the following benefits -
- View the latest news and events from CMAA and CMDA
- Register for accredited Management Training & Assessment
- Check-in to Educational Conferences, Trade Shows & Seminars
- Subscribe to monthly Club Management in Australia Magazine
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in Club Management in Australia, plus much more!