*** ATTENTION ***
Caused by a limitation of Android, it is not possible to fetch information about the current active Internet connection while the screen is off. To counter this, the App is now waking the device (again), when a measurement is running. This forced us to add the permission "prevent phone from sleeping".
We are well aware, that this has a negative impact on the battery, but as long as Android has this limitation, there is no other way.
Thank you for comprehension.
MOBILE PERFORMANCE BENCHMARKING SYSTEM
cnlab develops and operates the Mobile Performance Benchmarking (MPB) system for private use and Internet Service Providers. The MPB client application, used to measure Key Performance Indicators (KPI) such as Up- and Download or Roundtrip Times to reference systems, are available for iOS, Symbian, Android and Windows Phone. The measured speed depends not only on the operators network, but also on the amount of customers within the local network cell or the overall performance of the used device. A single MPB test can produce - depending on the current set up and network speed - about 10MB of data.
- prevent phone from sleeping
- Localization of the phone via GPS and mobile networks
- Information about the network (online, roaming, IP)
- Information on the Internet
- Operator, ISOCountryCodes (from SIM card or Network)
- Device IDs
- Move the app to the SD card memory (especially for phones with limited space)
- Backup the database to the external memory (useful if you want to transfer data between two phones)
- No data connection, no speed test
- Authorization for the Google Maps integration
Developer Tools / Developer Tools
- Access to the USB memory
Each device gains a unique identification number (UserID) so that each user can view its own results via Web browser. For each UserID not only the performance data are stored but also a set of system data (e.g.: IP or device ID) as well as administrative data (user location). The UserID is never given away. Its only use is to trace bugs, boost performance or create SpeedTest statistics. When an error is reported, some user send personal information, such as their E-Mail, name, address or phone number. These private data are only send to cnlab and the addressed Service Provider from the error report.
The cnlab Information Technology Research AG was founded by Prof. Dr. P. Heinzmann and Dr. P. Schöbi in 1997 as a Spin-Off of the HSR University of Applied Sciences Rapperswil. cnlab is a company according to Swiss law, owned by the management and by the staff, located in Rapperswil, Switzerland. cnlab develops and optimizes Internet applications. With the Internet Performance Benchmarking products and services, cnlab supports Internet Service Providers to improve their products. Services provided by cnlab Security Engineering and IT System Testing services are used by Swiss banks, insurance companies, the industry as well as administration to optimize their IT applications considering security, functionality and reliability. 14 engineers are currently working for cnlab.
For further information please contact [email protected]
or visit www.cnlab.ch.
- more detailed network connection informations
-- updated Cell IDs
-- dialog with much more details (advanced mode only)
- map marker now shows the date of the measurement
- fixed scrolling to latest map marker
- fixed a crash for subscription settings during startup
- when importing large databases (10k+ results), an out of memory error might occur for older or low-end devices