If you want to simply read your source code with syntax highlighting, look up snippets or cool solutions on-the-go then Code Peeker is for you!
It's a great little code reader (note: read, NOT an editor) that enhances current coding knowledge by highlighting your past coding expertise.
This app has been selected to be part of the Google Play for Education program and currently used in schools as a teaching aid.
With Code Peeker you can share coding success tricks during a job-interview or meetings. It'll make you look much better than promising "I don't know. Let me get back to you on that one".
Code Peeker will open and highlight any supported code language (and unicode/utf-8) you throw at it.
- Mark the line number
- Provides a built-in file browser (in case your phone doesn't have one)
- Opens from both external SD and internal memory!
- Supports other file browsers
Code Peeker Pro includes:
- Theming capabilities for easy reading
- Access to recently opened files
- Shortcut to quickly open files straight from the home screen
- Ability to map unrecognised file extensions to known syntax formatting
It supports a wide variety of new and old languages such as:
- C/C++ (c, cc, cpp, h, hpp)
- C# (c-sharp, csharp, cs)
- Python (py)
- Ruby (rails, ror)
- XML (xml, xaml, xslt, html, xhtml)
- ActionScript 3 (as3)
- Cold Fusion
- Diff/patch files
- JavaFX (jfx)
- Perl (pl)
- PowerShell (ps)
- Terminal scripts (bash, shell, sh, rc, conf)
- Visual Basics (vb, vbnet)
- Verilog & System Verilog (v, sv)
If Code Peeker can't recognize the file extension, it'll give you the option to select a format or show the source as plain text (no color highlighting, but at least you still can read it).
Got a feature request or a file that won't highlight properly? Just contact me via email (It's hard to communicate via Play Store comments)
- It is 100% free code viewer.
- No creepy permissions required.
- No secret Internet connectivity required.
- No ads!
If you're happy with it and want to support me, please grab a copy of Code Peeker Pro =)
Please note I've made modifications so it now compiles with the Android Lollipop framework. If you see any strange behaviour, let me know
- *new* Added text search!
v1.97 Lite + Pro
- *new* Added "Go To Line" number
- *semi-fix* Prevent crash when trying to open from Google Drive (still doesn't open yet, need a big rewrite to open files properly)
- changed default setting for "Exit on Close" to be false
- various code tweaks for future changes (minimum Android 4.1 when v2.0 releases)