The complete Collins COBUILD English/Chinese/Japanese/Korean Advanced Dictionary of American English • Made specially for learners of English-Chinese-Japanese-Korean • Contains over a quarter of a million translations from English to Chinese, Japanese and Korean • Thousands of notes on grammar and ways to use words • No internet connection needed.
Collins COBUILD English/Chinese/Japanese/Korean Advanced Dictionary of American English is based on one of Collins’ most innovative dictionaries: the Collins Cobuild Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, which was the first fully corpus-informed dictionary for learners of English. The corpus in question, the Bank of English™, contains 4.4 billion words, and is constantly growing and being updated.
Dictionary features include:
• 87,000 bold references (headwords, derivatives, phrases & idioms, feature boxes)
• 273,000 translations into Chinese, Japanese and Korean: translations in each Asian language are clearly designated by the preceding cyan characters meaning ‘translation’ in each target language in the typeset sample
• 16,000 entries (with 1,000 phrasal verbs nested within)
• 41,000 definitions in English
• 43,000 examples of English in use, from the Bank of English™
• 1,800 feature boxes (language notes, regional variants, usage boxes, cultural boxes)
• CET Band 4, Band 6 and Band 6+ vocabulary is included: these words are highlighted in magenta in the typeset sample
• no internet connection needed to use dictionary
• Wildcard search: enter “?” or “*” in place of a letter when you are unsure of the spelling (e.g., “man*ver” retrieves the word “maneuver”).
• Search for similar words: e.g. clicking on “adding” in an entry yields a list of similar and derivative words: “addition”, “additional”, “additive”, “addition reaction”.
• Browse through the dictionary alphabetically or flip from one entry to the next with a flick of a finger.
• link to Google so that you can search for more information on particular words.
--Special features for revising vocabulary—
• History menu lists all your recent word searches.
• Save words and expressions to any number of flashcard folders.
• Mark flashcard words which need you still need to memorize.
*over Android 2.2 platform
* You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between Google billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00.[email protected]
support for Android 4.1 (JellyBean) added