The Collins English Dictionary is a robust and comprehensive guide to the English language, available in full on Android. This latest 12th Edition for Android features over 722,000 words and phrases, and has been updated to feature audio pronunciations for enhanced functionality.
Collins' editors have ensured that this is their most contemporary English Dictionary, with over 8,500 place names and 5,500 biographies for thousands of fascinating facts and figures at your fingertips. Usage notes give advice on using the right word in the right place, and thousands of etymologies trace the roots of modern English.
You'll find outstanding coverage of world, regional, and dialect English, with definitions, examples, idioms and usage notes based on the Collins Word Web - an unrivaled and constantly updated 2.5 billion-word database of today's English.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
* A quick search of words while you type.
* A 'fuzzy filter' when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
* A wild card search function (*) which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
* Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
* History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
* Discover more about language with the special language notes.
* See words in context with example sentences.
* 'Word-of-the-day' feature with homescreen widget.
Note that audio pronunciations require an active internet connection.
Version 4.3.103 features: