If you are starting to learn French, or want to extend your knowledge of the language the Collins French Dictionary is the ideal book to help you understand and communicate.
The dictionary has over 80,000 references, contemporary vocabulary, cultural equivalents, and notes on dialect. It is ideal if you're conducting business with French-speaking customers or colleagues. With Collins, you can trust each translation is correct.
The Foremost Authority on the Language of Today
• Over 80,000 words, phrases and translations
• Comprehensive and up-to- date coverage of all words and phrases you need, and French updated for the new spelling reform
• In-depth treatment of difficult words
• Cultural notes provide insight into the life in French-speaking countries
Words are tools for life. And a Collins Dictionary makes them work for you.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
Version 4.3.103 features: