Color Meter breaks colors down into their red, green, and blue components and identifies them as simple color names. The project started as a tool to help color blind individuals, but provides a variety of features that others might find helpful too.
- Real-time bar graph of red, green, and blue (RGB) values.
- Colors identified as simple color names.
- Adjustable color sampling area.
- Selectable camera white-balancing mode.
- Optional color calibration feature for unusual lighting.
- Ability to freeze camera image.
- Toggle camera LED.
- Convert Red-Green-Blue to Red-Yellow-Blue.
The RGB bar graph updates continuously as fast as the Android device can update it. This continuous updating allows one to detect and visualize subtle or gradual changes in color.
For best results:
- Hold Android device around 1-2 feet away from object.
- Experiment with white balancing modes.
- Avoid mixed lighting (e.g., sunlight + incandescent bulbs).
- Be aware of reflections and shading.
- New RGB to RYB conversion feature.
- Color values no longer exceed 255 when using color calibration feature.