ARCHOS makes Video Player app available for all Android devices (tablets, phones, TV; requires Android 4.0 or later)!
The critically acclaimed Archos video player app offers an uncompromised multimedia experience.
- Hardware accelerated video decoding support for most devices and video formats;
- Ability to play content from many computer/network storage in your network (SMB, UPnP, FTP, SFTP) or from an external USB storage device (SFTP/FTP only available in premium/paid app version);
- Support of torrent streaming: torrent files can directly be opened by the application (premium/paid app version only);
- Automatic online retrieval of Movie and TV show information with poster and backdrop for both local and network content;
- Integrated subtitle downloader;
- Network indexing: import remote shared folders (SMB) in your multimedia library;
- Video browsing with either folder or library based navigation;
- Ubiquitous access to TV shows sorted in a series/season/episode hierarchical view;
- Multi-device network video resume;
- TV friendly: dedicated user interface that is keyboard/remote control compatible, Android TV compatibility;
- Share and keep track of what you have watched using Trakt scrobbler (see http://trakt.tv/);
- 3D video: visual tagging and side by side/top bottom playback mode with Archos stereo virtual reality glasses or cardboard support;
- Audio: night mode and audio boost options
- HDMI or S/PDIF: AC3/DTS passthrough on supported hardware (e.g. Nexus Player, ADT-1, Rockchip and AmLogic based tvbox devices) with compatible home cinema equipment
- Android 5.0 Lollipop support with flat/material user interface design.
* Note that if you experience any issue with video hardware decoding you can force software decoding in Archos Video Player application settings to watch your video.
Fix UPnP not working on some devices with Ethernet port
TV: Add sort choice for movies and shows
TV: Update the “All movies” icon with posters from the user library
TV: Allow to change the size of the TV interface on non-Android TV devices
Fix Trakt failure due to recent server changes
Fix FLV playback
Fix delete not removing videos from database on Samsung devices
Fix “Add shortcut by IP” dialog
Propose to delete folder when deleting a single video in a folder
Better error reporting in SMB