Hoccer is a communication service that focuses on the protection of your privacy. It transmits messages and attachments with a maximum level of security (end-to-end transport & encryption). Our app is available to all Android users as a free download and allows transfer of attachments of any size.
Hoccer is a secure alternative to traditional text messaging services, which use your 3G or Wifi. Send messages, photos, videos, contacts, locations, and much more free and, most notably, safe.
For registration, Hoccer requires no sensitive or private information such as phone number or email address. Your identity remains invariably anonymous, because for Hoccer, any user is just a randomly generated number (Client ID). Furthermore, your contacts are protected, no synchronization of your address book and details of private data (data minimization) are needed. Hoccer is made in Germany and subject to the high standards of German Data Protection laws.
Hoccer – „nearby“ data-Sharing
Secure data sharing based on geo-location technology: next generation messaging
Take part in public discussions and connect to others around you as easy as never before. With Hoccer you can exchange messages and media completely anonymous and encrypted - simultaneously with many users in group- or in individual chats. Anyone who enabled "nearby”-mode within 100 m will be listed and can start communication right away by using simple gestures. Check out who is next to you - at home, in the office or at events! Data exchange as easy as never before.
Hoccer’s basic features
Send all of your messages transport and end-to-end encrypted with an RSA public key of up to 4096 BIT, no matter if individual or group chats.
• text messages
• audio files
• voice mails/messages
• and many more
• unlimited number of members in group chats (no hard limits)
• geo-location based communication: spontaneous communication with users around you, fully encrypted, no exchange of (private) user data necessary
• gesture-based sending of messages and attachments in nearby-mode
• Invite friends via code or scan
• display of transmission status
• quality and file size settings for pictures and other data
• define up- and download limits for attachments
• manually renew RSA keypair
• compile media collections and share them
• multiple image upload
• and many more
Hoccer regularly publishes updates with new features, bug fixes and improvements.
Hoccer requires several permissions. Please find here an detailed overview of all permission in use: http://hoccer.com/2014/11/used-permissions-on-android/
Review, support & contact
We’re looking forward to your reviews and like to thank you for your support! Got questions, problems or suggestions? Feel free to contact us at: [email protected]
All information on Hoccer’s security measures can be found here: http://hoccer.com/hoccer-xo-privacy-security-statement/
Follow, like, tweet us
* Now compatible with Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
* Uses less permissions than before
* New action bar icons
* Fixed location attachment picker
* More bugfixes