** 2017 Best Outdoor App -Elevation Outdoors **
** Best New Outdoor Tech in 2017 –Backpacker magazine**
** Trusted by 300 Search & Rescue teams **
Discover thousands of inspiring trail guides, download offline topo maps, and navigate with confidence on your next hike, bike ride, backpacking trip, or outdoor adventure. Go anywhere: ViewRanger works offline without mobile and data signals.
>> BEST-IN-CLASS MAPS
Free Worldwide Maps: View street maps, aerial and satellite images, and terrain maps.
Premium Maps: Upgrade to access four premium map types: USA Topo, USGS Topo, USA Land Cover, and USA Slopes. USA topographic maps are 1:24K scale with 20- to 40-foot contours in most places.
Explore offline: Just save offline maps on your mobile device before leaving on your next adventure. Once downloaded, you can see your GPS location on the saved maps without cell coverage.
More Countries: Exploring out of the country? No need to change apps. ViewRanger offers premium outdoor maps for many countries, including Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Great Britain (UK), Greece, Italy, Norway, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Slovakia, and Slovenia.
>> SKYLINE: AUGMENTED REALITY FOR THE OUTDOORS
Launch our Skyline feature and pan the landscape using your Android’s camera. Skyline identifies over 9 million peaks, places, lakes in the world. Bonus: When following a route, see direction arrows and navigate to points on the real landscape. (Note: No Skyline coverage in Alaska.)
>> ANDROID WEAR™
• Navigate trails and view track stats on your wrist with Android Wear™ enabled smartwatches.
• Record a new track and pause or stop an existing track recording.
• View heading, bearing, lat/long and altitude data.
• ViewRanger is also optimized for the Casio PRO TREK smart watch.
>> TRAIL GUIDES
See routes posted by top publishing brands such as Backpacker magazine, Elevation Outdoors, Menasha Ridge Press, and Wilderness Press. We have more than 150,000 downloadable routes throughout the world.
Find trails in national parks like Yosemite, Yellowstone, Great Smoky Mountain, Glacier, Grand Canyon, Zion, Rocky Mountain, Acadia, Rainier, Olympic, and Arches. See trails in state parks, and national forests on terrain maps. Check out every mile of Appalachian Trail (AT) and Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) too.
More Online: Plan your next hiking project, draw routes, print maps, and import GPX files on our website too. Then send and follow them on your Android device. Bonus: Import GPS files from outdoor websites and handheld GPS units (like a Garmin or Magellan).
>> GPS NAVIGATION & STATS
Become an expert backcountry navigator with powerful outdoor navigation app features.
• See your GPS location on a map. Stay confident while exploring off trail and offroad.
• Record tracks and follow routes.
• Plot waypoints and go to point of interests like camping sites, trail junctions, and mountain peaks.
• See live trip and navigation stats: time, speed, distance, elevation, navigation arrows, compass bearing, sunrise and sunset.
• View coordinates in latitude / longitude, national grids, and UTM formats. WGS84 and NAD27 map datum support.
• Privately share your real-time GPS location with friends and family with BuddyBeacon™. Data connection required.
• Use our app with a waterproof paper map from MyTopo, National Geographic Trails Illustrated, or other printed maps found at REI, EMS, and local outdoor retailers.
Any questions or feedback?
Or, send us an email: [email protected]
Free Global maps © OpenStreetMap contributors.
Some features, such as viewing online maps, browsing routes, downloading maps and routes and sharing your location using BuddyBeacon require an internet connection.
A number of fixes for crashes.