Free Trial version (will expire after 2 weeks)
Fully functional version. Same features as the paid version. Only limitation is a screen that is popping up from time to time, reminding the user that it is a trial version...
Thumb Keyboard is a flexible keyboard that introduces a revolutionary and innovative "split" layout for Tablets and Phones. A layout that makes thumb-typing easier, more natural and more comfortable. Besides that it is also a standard keyboard with many features one will not find on a regular keyboard.
"Thumb Keyboard – The First Universally Functional Keyboard" (Android Guys)
"It's everything the Stock Android keyboard should be" (Gizmo Ninja)
"Thumb Keyboard makes two handed typing a breeze" "An epic win for tablet typing" (Android Police)
- Features, Tips and FAQ:
• User customizable toolbar (with on/off toggle)
• Save much used phrases and enter with a touch of a button
• Height and width fully customizable!
• 7 different layouts (with special layouts accommodated for comfortable thumb-typing)
• Innovative split layout for small screens (phones): wider keys!! and better layout for thumb-typing in portrait mode (screenshot 3) and better accessible keys landscape mode (screenshot 5).
• Resizable font
• Text prediction: 7 languages supported (English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese and Dutch) included in the app. More to come as separate downloadable packages
• Bigram word prediction (predict word based on previous word - for Android 2.3 and higher)
• Split layout for Tablets and large screen devices: Better accessible keys for thumb-typing on 5", 7.1", 8.9" and 10.1" Tablets and 4"+ phones (screenshot 1 & 4).
No more unnatural stretching or juggling with your tablet...
• Full featured standard layout (screenshot 2)
• Theme support (currently 8 themes, adjusted for several HD resolutions)
• Voice input
• User dictionary
• Separate number keys and cursor keys
• accented, international character support ( ä/ü/ö/ß etc)
• Fast switching between layouts
• Adjustable height (with separate adjustment of bottom bar)
• predefined layout combinations for portrait and landscape or define your own combination
• Easy popup keyboards for additional characters, numbers and smileys
• highly adjustable
• International keyboards: QWERTZ, AZERTY, modern Spanish, German, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and Danish (more to come)
• And more features to come
RATING (Honeycomb Market)
Unfotunately it isn't possible yet to leave a rating or comment in the Honeycomb app market. To leave your comments and/or rating please visit the web based app market:
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q. Are the keys on the specialized thumb keyboard in portrait layout really 1.25 times wider than a normal keyboard?
A .Yes,, take the "QWERT" and the "YUIOP" keys from screenshot 2 and picture them together in 1 row. You will see that the row "QWERTYUIOP" (the top row of a standard qwerty keyboard) is wider than the screen.
Q. How do I enable the keyboard / I don't see any keyboard when I have downloaded the app.
A. Please follow the instructions in the app called "thumb keyboard" in your app drawer. In short, 1) activate the keyboard in the general android settings. After that 2) long press on an edit field, like for example an email you are composing, and select "Thumb Keyboard from "input methods".
For download troubleshooting, general market support and contacting Google please visit: https://market.android.com/support/
Support Beansoft: [email protected]
Keywords: Tablet, Galaxy Tab, Archos 101 / 70, Folio 100, Nook Color, EEE Pad, Iconia, Vega, ViewSonic Viewpad and GPad, gTablet, Dell Streak, Notion Ink Adam, Creative Ziio, Motorola XOOM, HTC Flyer, LG Optimus Pad, Keyboard, Typing, Text input
Content rating: Everyone