Garmin® Navigator turns your Android phone into a personal GPS, with features from the nüvi® personal navigators from Garmin, the IFA 2012 “App of the year” winner and leading US provider of personal navigation devices. With no data charges on the Telstra network after downloading the app and no ads, Navigator includes free basic navigation with premium features requiring a subscription or day pass.
FREE features include:
- Driving and walking directions that track progress on a map
- Always up-to-date maps for Australia with millions of included points of interest
- Navigate to addresses in your Contacts
- Continues navigating while you make and receive calls, etc.
- No data charges after downloading the app if you’re on the Telstra network and no ads
- Experience premium features for the first 7 days for free with no obligation to subscribe
Premium features (see Pricing below):
- Arrive at your destination with ease, with accurate turn-by-turn voice-guided Garmin navigation
- 3D junction views with lane guidance
- Multi-route trip planner and via points to add stops while en route
- Aussie pronunciation of instructions and street names
- Live traffic updates, flight information and detour button to get around roadblocks and congestion
- Speed camera and red light camera alerts
- Speed limits for most major roads, with speed limit warnings and Estimated Time of Arrival display
- Check in to Facebook® and Foursquare® on arrival and explore your city with integrated Facebook, Foursquare, and Wikipedia locations (data charges apply)
- 3D buildings and landmarks to aid navigation
- Avoid tolls, unpaved roads, highways, and major traffic events
- Personalised navigation with free voices and vehicles from the Garmin Garage
- Enhanced pedestrian navigation with train, tram and ferry routes in capital cities
Subscribe in-app to premium feature offers exclusive to Telstra Next G® customers:
• 24 hour pass ($1.95)
• Monthly subscription ($7.95), first month FREE for new customers
• 12 month pass ($69.95), save over 25% versus 12 x monthly payments
Post-Paid customer charges are included on your Telstra bill. Pre-Paid customer charges are deducted from your account balance.
Terms & Conditions can be found here: http://telstra.com.au/customerterms/home_mobile_dataserv.htm.
Data charges may apply for downloads from App Store, and when using Facebook, Foursquare, and Wikipedia locations.
Your subscription to this service will continue automatically unless you cancel it by selecting My Account from General Settings, pressing the manage button, and cancelling your renewing subscription. You will continue to have access until the renewal/expiry date.
Please note that restrictions on driver use, including specific restrictions on L and P plate drivers, exist in some States and Territories and you should check local rules. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Garmin is a trademark of Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a registered trade mark of Google Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Foursquare is a trademark of Foursquare Labs, Inc.
Version 9.2.0 includes the following improvements over 9.1.4:
+ Bug fixes for specific device related issues
Version 9.1.4 includes the following improvements over 9.1.3:
+ Bug fixes related to Android 5.0