Slice Keyboard is a keyboard for Android tablets and phones. Slice is designed specifically for typing on a touch screen without looking at the keyboard. Allowing you to focus on the content that you are typing and catch your errors while typing.
The design is based on a row of home keys for anchoring your fingers. The home keys can used in a fixed position or be adjusted based on your hand placement. After pressing at least one home key slice keys are displayed arranged in a circle around the home keys. The slice keys open when its home key is unpressed. All of the keys are designed with the idea of not having to look at the keys. The keys positions are relative to the home keys and their touch targets are large and extend beyond the shapes on the screen.
Several new gestures have been added in version 2:
- Capitalizing characters can be done by flinging on the Slice keys.
- Flinging Right on the Home Keys adds a Space
- Flinging Left deletes a character
Additional features in version 2:
- New cleaner and simpler theme.
- Typing can now be used with only one hand.
- New one hand layout for better support of 7" tablets
- Adds support for large Android phones
Slice Keyboard Demo comes with the typing area, and a Space Invaders like game for typing practice.
Fixed issue that would cause unintentional gestures on some devices that would register touch events when a finger was hovering over the screen, most notably the Nexus 7.