Use your Android Device to control your Roku player and enhance your Roku experience.
The free Roku Android application allows you to:
* Control your Roku player from your mobile device
* Find something to watch by searching for movies, shows, actors, or directors and easily launch the content on your Roku player. Search is available today with the Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI version) and will be available on additional Roku players at a later date.
* Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 1,200 Roku Channels offered in the Roku Channel Store
* Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels
* Enter text using you device's keyboard
* Name and switch between multiple Roku players
* Enjoy your Android device's photos, music, and video on your Roku player (requires Roku firmware 5.3 or later)
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER
To use this app, you must connect your Android device to the same network as your Roku player. Certain features require compatible Roku players or may require logging in to your Roku account.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER?
Note: If the app does not recognize your Roku player (you see a “Player Not Found” message after you sign in), try the going network setup again on your Roku player. This will wake your Roku player on your home network. Then, select “Try Again” in the Roku app.
Go to support.roku.com for FAQs or to get help.
This update features a number of minor improvements and fixes to the Roku mobile experience, including:
• Updated Device Selection screen with recent and offline devices shown
• My Channels is now a grid. Touch to launch, long press to view details
• Reorganized settings
• New app icon
• a number of other small usability improvements to the remote and Play on Roku
• minor bug fixes