Winner of the AV-TEST AWARD – BEST PROTECTION 2015
For all the 6 test rounds of AV-TEST in 2015, Sophos Mobile Security demonstrated a consistent detection rate of 100 percent.
See all details here: https://www.av-test.org/en/award/2015/best-protection-sophos/Best Antivirus for your Android - Full features, no advertising, all free
Sophos is an IT security leader for companies and governments worldwide. This award-winning app comprehensively protects your Android device and your privacy without impacting performance or battery life. Using up-to-the-minute intelligence from SophosLabs, apps are automatically scanned as you install them. This antivirus functionality protects you from malicious software which can lead to data loss and unexpected costs. Moreover, if your device is lost or stolen, a remote lock or wipe will shield your personal information from prying eyes. This is what we call complete security!Antivirus Protection
• Award-winning antivirus as confirmed by AV-TEST (http://www.av-test.org).
• Scans apps as you install them.
• On demand and scheduled scan of installed apps and files on external storage (such as SD cards).
• Displays Potentially Unwanted Apps (PUAs) to help you recognize apps considered unsuitable for business or harming your privacy.Loss and Theft Protection
• Can receive commands from predefined phone numbers by SMS.
• Supports remote commands for: Wipe, Lock, Alarm (Scream), Locate, Message to finder, Reset passcode.
• Sends device location before the battery dies.
• Informs you if your SIM card is changed.Web Protection
• Blocks access to malicious or inappropriate websites (parental control).App Protection
• Protects selected apps with a password.Privacy Advisor
• Detects apps which access personal data such as your address book.
• Identifies apps which could create costs by e.g. sending SMS.Security Advisor
• Gives you advice on how to improve your device security.Phone Spam Filter
• Blocks unwanted calls, defined by phone number.Managed Mode
If this app is managed through Sophos Mobile Control or Sophos Cloud, it reports the health status of your device to the management console, allowing your IT department to guarantee full protection throughout the company at all times. For more details on the managed version check the Sophos website.Permissions
This app needs a wide range of permissions to monitor incoming apps, web data, phone calls and SMS, and to detect and stop threats. More here: http://sophos.com/kb/117499Please note
• Data usage: The malware definition database updates at least once a day, requiring a small amount of data usage every time. Without this, the app will no longer identify the latest malware.
• Battery usage: There is an initial full scan of every app installed. This will take some time and cause a one-time peak in battery usage.Support Information
• To uninstall, use the new wizard in the app’s settings menu. For manual uninstallation see: http://sophos.com/kb/117456
• Knowledge Base: http://sophos.com/kb/
• Moderated Support Forum: https://community.sophos.com/products/mobile-device-protection/f/18Looking to use premium antivirus in your app?
The Sophos AV engine is also available as an SDK for integration into your mobile solution. For more information, see the datasheet (www.sophos.com/AndroidSDK) or contact the Sophos OEM team (mailto:[email protected]
• Improved anti-malware engine.
• Added support for Android 6 battery optimization. This feature requires an additional permission.
• Minor bug fixes.