reClock™ is the text clock home screen widget that you actually have to read
Attention is in high remand and short supply: quite often we find ourselves missing something or having to double-check. reClock displays the current time in reference to a recent or upcoming time. The result is that you actually have to read and process the text to know what time it is!NOTICE
: reClock is still in its early stages of development: bugs are possible! Please send an email to [email protected]
with a description of the issue (screenshots are nice too!).ABOUT
By reading and processing the text that reClock displays, your brain is actively engaged. Even reading an analog clock can become an automatic process. reClock requires us to do simple, mental, mathematical operations. Over the course of weeks, we'll remember time more often and improve our biological clocks!REVIEWS"LOVE doing simple math to figure out what time it's acceptable to drink beer at."
- Tom Cullen"Best Clock Widget… the design is fantastic and the concept is amazing. I actually like to check the time now!"
- Nick Sarafolean"Excellent idea! Great job done, no permissions needed and magnificent look."
- Santiago Pive"A lot of times I look at the time and 5 seconds later forget what I just saw. I'm in."
- http://www.droid-life.com/2013/06/11/reclock-text-widget-bringing-the-minimal-back-to-our-homescreens/Android Central
- http://www.androidcentral.com/apps-week-you-don-t-know-jack-dashlane-password-manager-reclock-and-moreAndroid Police
- http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/06/17/15-best-and-2-wtf-new-android-apps-from-the-last-2-weeks-6413-61713/Droid Horizon
reClock is highly customizable: you can configure the text & background colors, font, and stylistic arrangement of text! reClock comes with many fonts, and the ability to load font files from the SD card.GO PRO
We work hard developing reClock and would really appreciate your support! As a way to say thank you, we'll unlock additional features and styles before they're available to everyone. We won't give you a trial: reClock is yours to use for all of your days. It would just be great, if finances permit, to donate (we're only asking for $1.29, much less than a cup of coffee).PERMISSIONS
• In-app Billing: needed for the in-app Google Play Store donation.
• Read external storage: access font files on the SD card.
• Set alarm: open the "create new alarm clock" screen when the widget is clicked.PRIVACY
That's simple, reClock does not collect ANY information, period.CONTRIBUTE
Check out the "About reClock" section of the app. We'd love it if you could give it a rating. If you're fluent in English and another language, contact us. We'd love to localize reClock in your native language. Check out the links and email below for more info.
Want to get all of the reClock updates? Want to beta test? Joins our Google+ Community at https://plus.google.com/communities/110026757668250632023
If you have any questions/ comments/ suggestions/ just want to say hi, email me (please no marketing): [email protected]
• Bug & crash fixed + Android 4.3 support.
• New: normal text clock mode (boring).
• New: three-line layout.
• New: tap on widget to control click action (nothing, set alarm, or open app).
• Fix: many bugs, esp. on Android 4.0 ICS, & spelling mistakes.
More coming soon!