Android Zipsters can now find and book a Zipcar faster than ever before with our new and updated app. Search for available Zipcars nearby, book a car or extend a reservation. Of course, you can also honk the horn, and lock or unlock the doors — all from your Android phone. Download it now and the open road awaits…
10 COOL THINGS MEMBERS CAN DO WITH THE ZIPCAR APP:
1) View available Zipcars on a map or listed using your current location, a favorite location or a location you want to search for
2) Reserve a Zipcar any time, 24/7
3) Sort cars by proximity, time available, car type and model
4) View your upcoming reservations at a glance
5) Easily locate your reserved Zipcar by honking its horn
6) Unlock and lock your Zipcar after scanning your Zipcard at the start of each reservation
7) Get directions to your Zipcar using maps
8) Tap to call Zipcar if help is needed during a reservation
9) Change, extend, or cancel reservations on the go
10) Play around with the virtual key fob and make sounds even when you're not in a reservation
NOT A MEMBER YET?
Download the app and kick the tires. See which Zipcars live near you (we're in 16 major cities and on university campuses across North America and the UK), make fun sounds with the virtual key fob! Join Zipcar and the app gets even cooler, because then you can reserve, honk and unlock Zipcars straight from your Android. To hear what current members are saying, find us on Facebook. To learn more about Zipcar or to sign up, visit zipcar.com!
Get the free app now. If you're a fan, tell a friend and rate us. If you think there's a way we can make it better, we’d love to hear all about it - join our beta group https://goo.gl/V1Uu4K and tell us what you think! Our Android team love hearing your feedback!
Regarding app permissions - we’re piloting a fast and easy new way to register for Zipcar in some cities where new users can scan their driving licence and payment card and become a member in minutes. This new feature uses the camera to scan the ID and payment card, so you may see a new permissions update when you install the app. Let us know if you have any questions and we’d be happy to answer them! [email protected]
New in this release:
· Bug fix on entering address to search around in Android 7.0 Nougat
· Bug fix on selecting a drop-off location for One-Way trips
· Performance improvements on loading reservations (credit to our server-side team)