Our award winning app^ brings you the best in mobile banking, giving you a secure and easy way to bank on the go. Everyday banking is simple, with quick access to your accounts, balances and transfers. Plus, leading payments technology lets you pay anyone using just their mobile number or email address, make contactless payments with your phone and get cash from an ATM using just the app.
With the CommBank app you can:
• Set a 4-digit PIN for faster log on
• Quickly check your balance with a simple swipe
• Pay anyone, using their mobile number, email, account or BPAY details
• Transfer between your accounts instantly
• Schedule payments and see what future transactions are coming up
• Send money overseas via IMT
• Set payment locks to control how your credit card gets used
• Activate cards or change your card PIN
• Lock and cancel missing credit cards or replace a damaged card
• Withdraw up to $500 cash without your card at CommBank ATMs
• Make Tap & Pay purchases using your phone wherever MasterCard® PayPass™ is accepted. If you have a compatible phone, you can Tap & Pay using your phone’s NFC (eligible transaction accounts only, not available for credit cards at this time) or for other phones by ordering a PayTag from the app.
• Find your nearest CommBank or Bankwest ATM or branch
• Receive CommBank app push notifications*
We request some permissions when installing:
• Contacts/Calendar – enables payments to a mobile or email stored on your device
• Location – ATM locator
• Camera/Microphone- QR code bill reader, microphone not used.
• Read phone status & identity - generates device ID for your security
• Modify contents of USB- download PDS for product applications
• Retrieve running apps- enables display of notifications
To access the full suite of features in the CommBank app, you'll need to have an Australian mobile number, use NetBank and be registered for NetCode SMS. If not registered, visit www.netbank.com.au.
The CommBank app is covered by our 100% Security Guarantee, which means we’ll cover any loss should someone make an unauthorised transaction on your account using the app, provided you protect your phone and PIN and immediately notify us of their loss, theft or misuse, and of any suspicious activity on your accounts.
^Money Magazine’s Best Innovative Banking App 2015
CommBank app notifications alert you to important banking information including NetCode Notifications, payments received or of changes in your account balance or personal offers.
* CommBank app Push notifications alert you to important banking or product information, including NetCode Notifications, payments received, changes in your account balance or personal offers. CommBank app NetCode Notifications sends you a one-time security code whenever you make certain transactions types in NetBank. Delivery via the CommBank app means you can now receive your NetCode when you’re overseas without roaming but have a Wi-Fi connection.
The CommBank app is compatible with Android OS 4 and above. Recipients of payments via mobile, Facebook and email need an Australian bank account to claim. Subject to network provider coverage. Other conditions and fees apply. Tap & Pay requires a compatible phone running Android 4.4 or above and an eligible transaction account. One-off purchase price of $2.99 applies for the PayTag. To use CommBank app on your Android watch, the watch must be running Android Wear and paired with an Android device operating Android 4.3 or newer. BPAY is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Limited ABN 69 079 137 518. MasterCard and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks and PayPass is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Android and Google Play are registered trademarks of Google Inc. Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124.
• Store your loyalty cards for quick access on the go or to scan at the checkout
• Tap on purchases in your transaction history to view extra details
• Check out ‘Products & Offers’ to browse and apply