Our award winning app^ brings you the best in mobile banking, giving you a secure and easy way to bank on the go. Everyday banking is simple, with quick access to your accounts, balances and transfers. Plus, leading payments technology lets you pay anyone using just their mobile number or email address, make contactless payments with your phone and get cash from an ATM using just the app.
With the CommBank app you can:
• Set a 4-digit PIN for faster log on
• Have the option to quickly check your balance with a simple swipe
• Pay anyone, using their mobile number, email address, account or BPAY details
• Transfer between your accounts instantly
• Schedule payments and transfers and see what future transactions are coming up
• Send money overseas via IMT
• Set payment locks to control how your credit card gets used
• Activate new cards or change your card PIN
• Lock and cancel missing credit cards or replace a damaged card
• Withdraw up to $200 cash without your card at most CommBank ATMs by tapping Cardless Cash
• Make Tap & Pay purchases using your phone wherever MasterCard® PayPass™ is accepted. If you have a compatible phone, you can Tap & Pay using your phone’s NFC (eligible transaction accounts only, not available for credit cards at this time) or for other phones by ordering a PayTag from the app. • Find your nearest CommBank or Bankwest ATM or branch
• Receive CommBank app push notifications*
You’ll notice we request some permissions when installing the app. This is what we need them for:
• Contacts/Calendar – allow you to make P2P payments using a mobile or email stored on your device (calendar is not used)
• Location – ATM locator
• Camera/Microphone- camera is used for the QR code bill reader functionality, the microphone is not used.
To access the full suite of features in the CommBank app, you'll need to have an Australian mobile number, use NetBank and also be registered for NetCode SMS. Not registered for NetBank or NetCode SMS? Visit www.netbank.com.au.
Provided you protect your NetBank client number, password and PIN, and immediately notify us of the loss, theft or misuse of your password and of any suspicious activity on your account, you have the reassurance of our 100% Security Guarantee.(http://www.commbank.com.au/security-privacy/netbank-security/default.aspx).
^CANSTAR Innovation Excellence winner 2014; Money Magazine’s Best Innovative Banking App 2015
* CommBank app notifications alert you to important banking information including NetCode Notifications, payments received or of changes in your account balance or personal offers.
CommBank app NetCode Notifications is our service which sends you a one-time security code whenever you make certain transactions types in NetBank, adding an extra level of security. Delivery via the CommBank app means you can now receive your NetCode when you’re overseas without roaming but have a Wi-Fi connection.
CommBank app notifications will be displayed on the home page of the CommBank app. They can also display as a banner or in the drop down notification drawer at the top of the screen. Check the CommBank app Settings to select how you would prefer to receive these notifications.
The CommBank app is compatible with Android OS 2.3 and above. Recipients of payments via mobile, Facebook and email need an Australian bank account to claim. Subject to network provider coverage. Other conditions and fees apply. Tap & Pay requires a compatible phone running Android 4.4 or above and an eligible transaction account. One-off purchase price of $2.99 applies for the PayTag. BPAY is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Limited ABN 69 079 137 518. MasterCard and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks and PayPass is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Android and Google Play are registered trademarks of Google Inc. Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124.
• Generate a Proof of Balance document
• Minor enhancements and bug fixes