This App contains 186 Skills needed to communicate effectively. These Skills describe the Behaviors to use when communicating with others. Contents offer a Comprehensive Approach to communication performance:
1. Identify different types of communication behaviors you can use to perform successfully
2. Show how you used your communication skills to make positive contributions at work
3. Write accomplishment statements for performance reviews or job interviews
4. Develop your communication strengths and improve your performance
5. Help direct reports, subordinates, colleagues, or other people improve their communication performance
The 186 Communication Skills are grouped into the following Eight (8) Categories:
Basic Writing, Conflict Management, Dealing With Difficult People, Listening, Negotiating, Presentation Skills, Telephone Communication, Verbal Skills
The Impact Section Includes:
1. Questions To Ask: Use these to determine how you used your communication skills to positively impact people, processes, and practices.
2. 24 Impact Examples: Use these as samples of different ways communication skills can have a positive impact.
3. Workplace Factors: Use these to identify which stakeholders, entities, and workplace outcomes benefited from your communication skills.
4. The PAR Approach: Use this to write personalized accomplishment statements. There is an example and an explanation of how to use the PAR Approach.
P – Problem or Situation you encountered
A – Action you took to resolve the problem or handle the situation
R – Results of the action you took
5. Action Verbs: Use these to identify personal accomplishments and write accomplishment statements.
The Development Section Includes:
1. Assessment and Critique: Use this to analyze your communication capabilities. The section contains a 3-Step process to identify communication strengths and weaknesses.
2. KISS Method: Use this to further analyze your communication strengths and weaknesses.
K – Things you want to KEEP doing in the area of communication
I – Things you want to IMPROVE in the area of communication
S – Things you want to START doing in the area of communication
S – Things you want to STOP doing in the area of communication
3. 12 KISS Examples: Use these as samples of ways to analyze communication strengths and weaknesses.
4. Development Definitions: Use these to identify the general ways to learn, gain, or enhance skills.
5. 16 Examples of specific Development Activities: Use these as samples of ways to learn, gain, or enhance communication skills.