Please note that Compass Geek requires both a magnetic sensor and an acceleration sensor. If you phone or tablet does not have a magnetic sensor or acceleration sensor, the application will not function correctly and you will be sad.
Smarter than your average compass! Compass Geek can be calibrated to work in places most compass applications will not, like in a car, boat or plane. There are a number of compass applications available, but Compass Geek exists because I needed a compass that could be calibrated to work in a car and I couldn't find one. Compass Geek is capable of correcting for the hard and soft iron distortions in the local magnetic field caused by metals and electronics.
Compass Geek attempts to produce the most accurate compass possible by optimizing sensor fusions for your Android devices specific hardware. Compass Geek provides both hand-held and vehicle modes for vehicle-docks and can even compensate for hard-iron offsets produced by a vehicles metal frame and electronics. Compass Geek can be calibrated to work in most cars, planes or boats and works where many compasses will not.
In addition to a compass, Compass Geek supports Google Maps so you can see your location in Google Maps anywhere in the world!
Choose from up to eight unique gauge skins to get the look and feel you want. You can even graph the bearing in real time to see just how awesome your compass is working.
• Tilt compensation from the gyroscopes and acceleration sensors are used to compensate for the tilt of the device
• Magnetic declination compensation for earth’s magnetic field with the GPS sensor
• Hard-iron offset calibrations for vehicles like cars, planes and boats
• View the bearing from the magnetic field and GPS as well as the location
• Measure the rotation of the device and the magnitude of local magnetic field
• Alerts when the magnetic field is out of the expected range
• Select from 8 unique, super awesome hardware accelerated gauge skins
• View the bearing, magnetic field, rotation of the device, the location of the device and more