Keep on top of Congress.
* Find your representatives, see how they vote
* See what bills are coming up for a vote next
* Search for bills and votes you should know about
* Stay on top of floor activity, committee hearings
* Be notified of just about everything
Answers to common questions:
* Members of Congress don't have public email addresses.
* The app DOES NOT do anything on boot, unless you enable notifications - in which case, it quickly schedules notification checks, and then stops.
* The app is allowed to make phone calls ONLY when you tap the "Call" button for a member of Congress.
* The app uses your location ONLY to find your local representative. Your location data is encrypted during transmission to our servers, and your latitude and longitude are not stored on the app or on our servers.
* The app requests to write to external storage only to cache map tiles.
* We collect anonymous app usage statistics by default. To opt out: from the main screen, tap the menu on the top right, tap Settings, then uncheck "Allow Analytics".
Finally, this app is proudly open source:
This fixes some bugs (hearings now work!), and now uses the Pro Publica API for all information about members of Congress and legislation, hearings, and floor updates. Votes, committees, and upcoming bills are still coming from Sunlight. I'm releasing the app in stages during the migration so that Pro Publica and I can get real world feedback along the way.
Email me at [email protected]
if you find any issues!