Battery drain is a fact of life on Android devices. Connection Hawk aims to extend your battery life by smartly managing WiFi, Bluetooth and Mobile Data connections. Most battery extender apps simply shut off all these connections or require complicated schedules. Connection Hawk is designed to mostly set and forget. Just start the service and use your phone link normal. Connection Hawk does NOT manage your screen brightness or GPS. These are things we feel are personal preferences.
- Turn WiFi off when no longer connected
- Turn WiFi on when in range of known access points*
- Turn Bluetooth off when no longer connected
- Manage Mobile Data connection**
* WiFi access points are remembered automatically when you connect and Connection Hawk is active. Turning WiFi back on uses coarse location from the device for best battery performance.
** Mobile data is mostly turned off when your screen is off. It wakes up periodically to allow things like email, Facebook and other alerts to come through.
NOTE: If you are playing with your phone constantly, no application can help you. And in case you are asking "Why is a photographer writing Android apps?" Answer: Because I can.
- Another Jellybean fix. The OS made some rather nutty changes to the ability to detect WiFi state.