Connectivity Manager is an application that aims to give you more control of your Wi-Fi and mobile data connections, allowing you to save both battery and effort:
- Monitor your Wi-Fi connection and disable it after a preset time if no network is connected.
- Schedule your connections; disable Wi-Fi or mobile data automatically during the periods you set (perfect during the night, you save battery and won’t be woken up by e-mails).
- Enable or disable Wi-Fi and mobile data for a preset time (i.e. if you plan to venture to the woods for a few hours).
- On/Off switches for both connection types are provided on the main screen of the application, for easy access.
(Mobile data functionality currently only works on devices with Android 2.3 and above, Wi-Fi works for older versions)
I hope you will find it useful, enjoy!
For suggestions about added and altered functionality and bug reports, please use mail rather than setting low score reviews, this makes it easier for me to overview and enables me to reply to you.
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Needed to check Wi-Fi connection status.
CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Needed to enable and disable Wi-Fi connection.
CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: Needed to enable and disable mobile data connection.
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Needed to get mobile data connection status.
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Needed to start services when device starts
Keywords: connection, wifi, 3g, data, manage, schedule
IMPORTANT: When updating to v4.0, times set in scheduler for earlier versions will not work anymore. Please use the new method.
- Fix for bug in scheduler which sometimes prevented disabling
- Scheduler has been completely remade:
* Set as many disable periods as you like, on whichever weekdays you want
* The option to show notification is now changed instantly when checked/unchecked
* Vastly more reliable than before
- The usual bug fixes