The Tipster app provides a free, fun, and simple way to tell the editors of Consumerist.com about any scams, rip-offs, shoddy products, hot deals, or freebies you’ve come across.
Let’s say you order a pacifier that arrives in a box the size of Rhode Island, are served a burger at a popular fast food chain that looks inedible, or spot a retailer’s sign that says something really ridiculous. That’s the sort of stuff The Consumerist wants to know about.
Use the Tipster app to snap a quick picture of the offending item, write up your comment, and submit to The Consumerist. We just may blog about it on our site!
The Consumerist empowers consumers by informing and entertaining them about the top consumer issues of the day. We are a leading online resource for consumer-driven advice about dealing with everything from non-existent customer service to onerous cell-phone contracts to ever-shrinking (and ever-more-expensive) grocery products. The Consumerist is published by Consumer Media LLC, a not-for-profit subsidiary of Consumers Union, and takes no outside advertising.
- Fixed many many many causes of crashes
- Redesigned screens
- Added hdpi, mdpi, ldpi, xdpi quality images
- Added SSL security to mechanism by which tip is submitted
- Now runs correctly on a much wider range of devices.
- Cleaned up app navigation, removed unneeded tabs
- Default emoticon selected
- Email address last entered now remembered, no need to retype.
- Removed annoying 'join user group' interstial
- Much, much more...