This is an extension to the Android search facility that lets you search for any contact details.
NOTE: This application is NO LONGER BEING DEVELOPED, purchase Contact Lookup Fast instead (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.softwyer.contactsearchfast). See below for more information.
Whilst Android includes a native contact search, it will only search for names, and not parts of numbers or addresses.
Contact Lookup Pro will search for any part of your contacts that you choose. It includes powerful search modes including a true AND search that works across categories.
Pro version adds:
- Improved phone number search.
- Search your contact notes
- Search contact events (OS 2.0+)
- Search SIP addresses (OS 2.3)
- Search Gmail custom fields (OS 2.0+)
- Search group names
- Palm like Initial + Surname search, e.g. use "ol" or "ola" to find Osma Bin Laden
- Sort by Surname
- Quickly show contacts in a group (OS 2.0+)
- Send and email or SMS to contacts in your search list (OS 2.0+)
- Show organisation in the results, rather than search snippet
- Contact photos show in the app screen
- Regular Expression search mode
- Quick launch by long-press on search button
- Automatic search on key press
- Support for larger screens without 'letter boxing'
- Search text is highlighted in Contact View.
- Structured Names
- Nicknames (OS 2.0+)
- Phone Numbers
- SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Addresses, also know as VOIP addresses. (OS 2.3+)
- Email Addresses
- Website Addresses
- Postal Addresses
- Instant Messaging Addresses
- Organisations (OS 2.0+)
- Contact Events (Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc)
- Contact Notes
- Contact group names
- Custom fields entered via Gmail (labels and data, OS2.0+)
- Custom labels in the standard contact fields are searched too!
If you find Contact Lookup Pro too slow for your daily needs, then try Contact Lookup Fast. It searches the same categories as Pro but in a fraction of the time. See the website for details.
IMPORTANT END-OF-LIFE Announcement
From March 2013 Contact Lookup Pro is no longer being actively developed as it has been superseded by Contact Look Fast.
We will fix any critical bugs that affect OS 4.2.2 devices and below, but will not develop any new features or explicitly support any new OS versions.
Users who have recently bought Contact Lookup Pro can purchase Contact Lookup Fast and receive a refund for Contact Lookup Pro. See http://softwyer.wordpress.com/2013/03/01/contact-lookup-pro-end-of-life-announcement/ or Email [email protected]
for more details.
This application uses Google's licensing service which will check after 7 days to validate the license. You will need an internet connection to enable this check. If the check fails, the application will run in reduced functionality mode.
Contact View is a companion application, developed by SoftWyer, that is based upon the default Android viewer to provide a more clear view of the contacts. To use Contact View with Contact Lookup you must install it from the Android Market.
A third party provides the default Android editor that works well with the SoftWyer suite of contact applications.
Further details on this application can be found on the developers website (click the link below if browsing through the market). If you experience any problems, then please email me in the first instance via ContactLookupPro at SoftWyer.com
+ Menus showing a list of groups now use a case-insensitive sort. Requested by Steve.
+ Email send should work with more email clients, such as K9. Thanks to Jim.
+ Added an option to send emails via Bcc:, Cc: or To: (Many requests for this)
+ Emails can be sent to ALL addresses for a contact. Thanks to Jon.
Thanks to Mike for reminding us to release this :-)
Latest update details -> https://plus.google.com/113750147836457488590