This educational game uses 10 photos of dogs to teach students to count in English from 1 to 10. Suitable for students from Kindergarten onwards, and those studying English as a second language.
Students hear a number spoken, they choose the matching photo and then trace the number on the touch screen. Students are encouraged to trace numbers by hearing more of the music as they trace. After six right in a row, Race Mode starts automatically. It asks questions at speed to test the students' memory and comprehension of the numbers just covered, before continuing with new numbers. At the end of the race, students can see how well they have done relative to their other races. The game gradually focuses on any numbers that the students have difficulty recognizing, and speeds up as competence is gained.
By contrast to Race Mode, Story Mode slowly introduces new numbers by saying them as the photos are shown, allowing students to quietly look, listen and learn.
The game is controlled by on-screen gestures which are simple to demonstrate and easy to use, and the game can be played without voice prompts.
* 10 photos of dogs
* Tracing with coloured Bubble Writing
* Race Mode tests memory and comprehension against the clock
* Story Mode allows students to look, listen and learn
* Slideshow Mode displays all the photos in numerical order
* Zoom and Pan Mode magnifies the images to see more detail
* Easy on-screen gestures to control the game
* Context-sensitive help
* No push advertising and no internet connection required.
The paid version of this app has much higher resolution photos than the free version.