Now Free! no-ads (ever)!
Source code (GPLv2) available at http://code.google.com/p/crnote/
General purpose encrypted note-taking, wallet and data storage app.
* 256-bit AES encryption
* Fully compatible with OpenSSL (aes-256-cbc) encryption engine
* UTF-8 Unicode support
* Individual files with individual passwords
* Password and Pattern based encryption options
* Tools to encrypt/decrypt files
* Embed files into a CrNote file
* Insert photos from camera directly
* Secure configuration
* Secure storage mode double encrypts files stored on SDCard
* Multiple backups
* Random text/hex/base64/number generator
* Wallet-style (CrNote) format or flat-text notes. Useful for:
** Storing passwords, files and photos
** On-the-go journalists and authors who want to write pieces of work securely
** General notes that need to be secured
* Raw file encrypt/decrypt tools
* Search functionality
* Optional online syncing with open API
* Planned: embedded file launchers, insert video/audio captures.
This version works from Android 2.1 onwards.
Your passwords are never stored anywhere, so don't forget them!
* Google cloud backup of configuration (only the device key - everything else is encrypted locally).
* Access to https://crnote.com/mynote if you purchase online syncing to our services for secure storage of your files. Alternatively you can specify your own server which supports the CrNote Web API.
*** If you prefer no-network capability, download "CrNote X" which is a pure offline version of CrNote.
SDCard read/write permission:
* only used to access /sdcard/crnote for the storage of your files.
We're adding more features by the day. Visit crnote.com for details, instructions and support.
Fixed file encrypt tool