Have you got irrespective friends, a curious little brother or are you simply afraid that your phone will get stolen? - Then CrookCatcher is for you! CrookCatcher guards your phone and tablet as a secret photographer, ready to snap a photo of anyone who unsuccessfully continuously tries to unlock your device. CrookCatcher doesn’t just take a photo, but it also finds out where on Earth it is, using the device’s GPS and network capabilities. CrookCatcher then notifies you of the event by sending you the photo and location to your email, so you always know if you have an intruder.
CrookCatcher is free, but, if you like the app and you want to show your appreciation, don't hesitate to make a donation from within the app, a donation that will support a hungry nerd and help keep development going.
• Take photo with the front facing camera on incorrect unlock attempt
• You select the number of failed unlock attempts before CrookCatcher takes action
• Find location of device
• Receive email notification with photo and location
• Uses the default Android Lock Screen
• Little to no impact on battery
• Browse photos with location on the device, with an intuitive interface.
• A front facing camera
• Android 4.0 or higher
Check here: http://jakobharteg.com/crookcatcher/help.html
Explained here: http://jakobharteg.com/crookcatcher/permissions.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why is the Samsung Galaxy S5 not supported?
Until Samsung sends out a fix for the DeviceAdminReceiver, CrookCatcher is not able to support the Galaxy S5.
Bug fixes and other improvements