See How Crowd Mics Works: http://youtu.be/BQzXKYsES3Q
Crowd Mics turns the audience’s mobile devices into wireless microphones for live events. Presenters no longer need to have someone run wireless microphones around the room or place microphones in the aisles. Crowd Mics puts hundreds of microphones in the room using the audience’s mobile devices. With additional features including text commenting and polling, Crowd Mics sets the standard for audience interaction.
- Voice commenting: Crowd members speak into their mobile devices and their voices are heard over the room’s sound system, just like a wireless microphone. Presenters (or moderators) choose who speaks and can mute or disable this feature at any time.
- Text commenting: Crowd Members can send a 160-character text message seen only by the Presenter. Text commenting is easily enabled and disabled.
- Polling: Presenters can get a pulse on the crowd with a very simple polling feature. Presenters send a poll to the crowd and see the results in real-time.
- Always free for Crowd Members
- Help section with video guides
- Use Twitter and Facebook to quickly create a profile
- Crowd Mics uses Wi-Fi, not the internet connection, so internet connection speed isn’t an issue.
- No data is used to participate with Crowd Mics.
- Presenters minimize “rogue” commenters by choosing a three-digit passcode for each event. Only those in the room get the passcode.
- Presenters and moderators have ultimate control over who is allowed to speak.
- Presenters can use a bluetooth receiver to allow Crowd Mics control while roaming around the room.
Notes on using Crowd Mics:
- Both the Presenter and crowd members must be connected to the same wireless router.
- The Presenter will need to adjust volume levels on their device to ensure good audio from the room’s sound system.
- The Presenter’s device should have Do Not Disturb enabled while using Crowd Mics.
- Crowd Member Credits are required to allow Crowd Members to participate in an event. For every Crowd Member who joins the meeting, one credit is used. Credits are added as an in-app purchase and volume discounts are built in.
- Presenters must plug into the room’s sound system via the 3.5mm headphone jack on the device. Visit www.crowdmics.com for adapters to almost any audio system.
- Crowd Mics performs best on devices running Android 4.0 and newer.
Learn more: www.crowdmics.com
Bugfixes and performance improvements