(*ATTENTION: If you want a more secure encryption engine, download the tablet-targeted CryptxHD and CryptxHDx apps, or the smartphone-targeted Cryptxphile and Crypt2phile apps which all use 128-bit AES encryption with random 'salt'.)
This smartphone-based utility combines 168-bit "Triple DES" text encryption and user cipher keys with Unicode "Box Drawing" character encoding to convert your secret input text into a secure output string.
* 168-bit Triple DES encryption using:
... SecretKeyFactory() with 'DESede'
... Cipher() with 'DESede'
* User-supplied cipher key(s) up to 12 characters long
* No-limit recursive encryption
* Any character set (language) can be encrypted*
* No app restrictions to data manipulation size
* SQLite database for archiving (with search and sort)
* 'Share' and Clipboard-paste for forwarding
* Scrollable real-time 'on screen' Event Log
* Built-in Help file
* Note: This free version permits only 5 'folders' in the database
By utilizing other apps and the copy-and-paste function, encrypted data can either be posted on the Web or transmitted to other wireless devices around the globe. The destination receiver would retrieve the data, then use his/her own Crypt1phile or Cryptophile app and your previously-disclosed encryption key(s) to decipher the exported message.
If you don't distribute your cipher texts, then you can save them in a SQLite database on your own Android smartphone. The information is stored in 'folders' where it can later be individually retrieved and decrypted to reveal your old confidential notes. (A maximum of 5 'folders' are permitted with this free app.)
Caveat: Stir together enough mathematicians, cryptographers, CPU's, and research time in a computer lab and you'll discover virtually any encrypted text on planet Earth can be deciphered. Therefore, don't expect to find an "uncrackability" guarantee with this app! But by combining an off-the-shelf encryption algorithm with multiple private keys and unlimited recursion, most hackers will be repulsed from even attempting to analyze and brute-force-attack your ciphered texts.
* Note: the Unicode characters x2500-x256C are reserved for data encoding!
Strengthened this app's paste-from-Clipboard-to-Textbox function. Note: Owners of older Samsung Galaxy smartphones may be plagued by an insidious Samsung clipboard copy&paste bug that causes a device reboot. This fatal error is not the fault of this app!