This app reads CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) smartcards and other compatible skill cards including data held in theskillbank.com. Go Smart is a handy app that allows you to check a cardholder’s details using an NFC enabled Android smartphone or tablet. Your device reads information from the smartcards chip electronically. This not only reduces the possibility of card fraud but also makes capturing and storing smartcard details much quicker and more efficient.
This app works online, accessing the most up to date information, as well as offline. So if you cannot get a phone signal, you can still read the data on the smartcard. When used online, if there are any updates available they can be loaded directly on to the smartcard.
Before you start, make sure that NFC is enabled on your device.
It is easy to use:
1. Open app.
2. Hold a Smartcard to the back, near the top, of your device.
3. An image of the card appears. (If the photo shown does not match the one shown on the front of the actual card, it has probably been tampered with and may be a fake card.)
4. Touch the Card Details tab to view the list of current qualifications.
5. Do the same with more smartcards if you need to.
Additional functionality and settings accessed via the drop down menu:
1. List cards - shows all the cards you have read.
a. Sort – by date, name or expiry date.
b. Filter – by today, last 3 days, last week, last month and all.
c. Read cards – takes you back to card reading page.
d. Delete – remove entries.
e. Export Swipes – select an export file format (XML or CSV).
a. Sync Card – check for any updates with the online database.
b. Save Images – save an image of the smartcard (front and back) into your pictures folder.
c. Export Folder – specify where you want to save the exported files.
d. Default Export Email – add an email address to send your export files to.
An option to enable card updates is now available on the home screen.