This simple app allows you to use CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) smartcards to record details of when workers enter and leave site by swiping in and out using an NFC enabled Android smartphone or tablet. It provides you with attendance data including who was onsite, where, when and for how long.
It also provides you with an evacuation list for who is onsite, an invaluable tool if there is an emergency.
Before you start, make sure NFC is enabled on your device.
It is easy to use:
1. Open app.
2. To swipe in, simply hold the CSCS smartcard to the back, near the top, of your Android device.
3. To swipe out, sweep the screen to the left till the Out symbol turns blue, and then hold a CSCS smartcard to the back of your Android device.
4. To view the details of an individual, just tap on the image of their card. To see the reverse of their card, tap the image. To view their swipe in and out activities, sweep the screen to the left.
Additional functionality and settings:
1. Export Swipes – choose what format to save your information (CSV or XML) and where to save it.
2. Settings – set up folder and email address for exported swipes.
3. Delete – remove swipes.
4. Add Swipes Manually – add a person with a CSCS number who does not have a CSCS smartcard.
5. Evacuation List – provides you with a list of everyone who has swiped in within the last 48 hours but not swiped out.
Fixed a problem reading cards on some devices caused by the recent upgrade to the Android OS.