Battle your friends or neighbours in this great multiplayer sniper challenge!
What is "Cuckoo" about?
- Tactical real world, real time multiplayer shooter
- Buildings can be used to take cover
- GPS keeps track of the player positions
- Real maps serve as playground
- Realistic trajectory and ballistics
- No annoying Ads
- Last man standing multiplayer mode (up to 4 players)
- Target practice (Tutorial)
- Moving practice target during multiplayer warmup (place it by tapping on the map)
- Range record leaderboards (practice and mutliplayer separated)
- Dragunov Sniper Rifle with PSO-1 scope
- 7N1 (7.62×54mmR) sniping load
- Map with some useful information on angles and distances towards you opponents
- Bullet tracing on the map
PLAY OUTSIDE IN MULTIPLAYER GAMES TO HAVE A MORE PLEASANT EXPERIENCE
(since the GPS does not work in buildings)
IF ANGLES SEEM UNRELIABLE MOVE YOUR DEVICE AROUND (lying 8) TO RECALIBRATE
OpenStreetMaps (Osmdroid and Overpass API) are used for the map and building calculations.
Symbols for true and practice range records from http://www.flickr.com/photos/west_point/ - Cadet Leadership Development Training, http://www.flickr.com/photos/soldiersmediacenter/ - Observation post.
Functional graphics are taken from http://www.flickr.com/photos/dvids/ - Snipers Compete in Sniper Stalking Event, the logo is a composition of a work by http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaysse/ - Camouflage and http://www.flickr.com/photos/dvanzuijlekom/ - Izhmash Tigr-308. All are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License except the Izmash Tigr-308 which is licensed under CC BY-SA. See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ for details.
Please read the following if you don't know what to do in the multiplayer sniper challenge or want to know all the details about the game.
Rules for Multiplayer games and PSO-1 scope
- Playing in the multiplayer mode will automatically match you with other players in your area
- The game starts when all players are ready and ends when no more than one player is alive (earlier for those who got killed during the game)
- Each player has a target assigned to him/her which will disappear at the beginning of the game. During the game, players can tap on the map every second to scan a certain area for opponents which reveals the target and shows additional information on angle and distance.
- The buildings in a 300m radius around the middle of the players are colored in green and can be used to take cover
- Red connections between you and your opponent tell you that the target is currently not in line of sight
- A red circle on the map shows you where the last bullet hit (ground, wall or target)
- Bullets can strike through a single wall to prevent hiding in buildings for too long and to simulate windows or holes.
- Bullets can be shot over walls (10m height is assumed for every building)
- Roofs don't count as walls
- Muzzle height of your weapon is 1.5m
- Don't get frustrated if you can't always hit your targets, this might be due to bad sensor accuracy or moving targets, always watch the bearing and distance and align correctly to the PSO-1 scope , i.e. use the correct chevrons for targets at distances 200m, 400m, 600m, 800m------------------.
- The correct chevron to be used can differ from device to device in multiplayer games, because of the max. zoom available but in the tutorial the rangefinder is correct, so for the practice target (which is 1.7m high) the 2nd top chevron must be used if it is 400m away
- Unlike in the tutorial or during warmup, targets will disappear in the camera view in multiplayer mode. You can set the ground (enemy zero) to a different altitude/pitch by hitting the button in the lower right corner while in the camera view.
Nevertheless, buildings are assumed to be along that line, i.e. you won't be able to actually shoot higher or lower or above walls that way, it's just for aiming purpose.
- Fixed an error with multiplayer game matching
- Fixed an hardware acceleration issue causing the app to crash (thank you for reporting the error)