This beautifully crafted widget keeps Martian time at the MSL Curiosity landing site.
Accuracy largely depends on the accuracy of your phone's system time.
Supported Martian time definitions include Local Mean Solar Time, LMST, Local True Solar Time, LTST and Local Mean Zonal Time, LMZT. Tap on labels to view definitions.
The widget centers on the location of Curiosity, not on the center of the Gale crater. Any friendly suggestions are welcome and invited.
- Select between LMST, LTST, LMZT
- Time on Mars (mission time) clock
- hh:mm or hh:mm:ss format toggle
- Daylight duration at site
Users' manual (PDF)
An online demo is available at http://marscuriosity.requio.com/
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE:
Purchase only if you know how to install widgets after download.
- Please appreciate that the author cannot purchase all hardware and provider contracts for the large number of Android devices currently on the market. Please be so kind as to send a report preferably with screen snap should you encounter any layout issues.
- This application requires Android 2.2 or higher and a display which is to the Android standard.
- Please contact the author, if you have any pre-sales questions.
Ver 1.09: rise and set time errors fixed
Ver 1.08: updated air pressure data
Ver 1.07: fixes FC at 00:00 LTST
Ver 1.06: adds ground temperature
Ver 1.05: adds air pressure, temperature accuracy improved
Ver 1.04: adds Earth rise & set times, adds PDF users' manual
Ver 1.03: adds hh:mm/hh:mm:ss format choice for the main time display, info box added.
Ver 1.02: adds expected near-surface atmospheric temperature at the Gale Crater landing site.
Ver 1.01: corrects Sol day counter for LMZT.