DAFNE Online (www.dafneonline.co.uk) is a support network for people with Type 1 Diabetes who have attended the Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating course - providing news, forums, carbohydrate lists and an online blood glucose diary. The DAFNE Online Android app provides a Blood Glucose Diary and a Carbohydrate Portion (CP) List for your phone. The diary entries can be synchronized with your DAFNE Online account as they are entered or when you choose and the carbohydrate portion data is built into the app. So no Internet connection is required to use the app and you can avoid mobile network data charges if you wish. You can also choose to use the app without a DAFNE Online account at all.
Blood Glucose Diary features:
- Record Blood Glucose, Carbohydrate and Insulin intake - no Internet connection required
- Specify your own Blood Glucose targets for different time of day
- Diary results are colour coded to show whether you are below, on or above target
- Automatically or manually synchronize your results with your DAFNE Online account
- View a summary of your results, showing averages, total daily dose (TDD) and more
Carbohydrate Portion List features:
- View and search the Official DAFNE Carbs List natively on your phone - no Internet connection required
- List by food group or alphabetically
- Identify your favourite food items so you can find them quickly
- Search for foods both within the app and using the global Quick Search Box (once you have added the app to your "Searchable Items" list) including by voice input (if your phone supports that)
Setting options include:
- Automatic or manual diary entry upload
- Theme choice of Default, Light (background) or Black (background)
Remove option to "Auto Calculate QA" after input from the MHRA. See this "Dosage auto-calculation in apps" http://www.dafneonline.co.uk/forums/1/topics/2769 (you will have to cut and paste this URL into your browser as link formatting isn't automatic here) forum posting for more information.