NOTE: There is now a different app that does NOT require root and works on Android 2.3 or newer that you may want to consider instead of getting this app. It's called External Keyboard Helper Pro and you will find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apedroid.hwkeyboardhelper
Danish keyboard layout for Bluetooth and USB connected keyboards - DEMO VERSION.
Did you just buy a Bluetooth or USB Keyboard only to find out the current keymapping of your tablet makes it pretty much useless? Then this app may be able to help.
*** THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT ***
* This is the demonstration version of this app. The space bar has intentionally been mapped to a capital "S". Use this version to make sure it works as intended before buying the full version. If it does not work like it should do not hesitate to send an email to [email protected]
describing the problem. *
This app overrides the built in (usually English US) keyboard layout and replaces it with a Danish layout.
You can choose between standard layout and the layout used by the Targus iPad/iPad2 Nordic bluetooth keyboard.
It does not permanently modify the system partition so when you uninstall this application all traces will be removed (a reboot may be necessary though.)
It has so far been successfully tested on the following devices:
* Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Honeycomb 3.1 and 3.2 - However the Samsung input method interfers unless you switch to another Input method.
* Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Ice Cream Sandwich (unofficial CyanogenMod 9 build)
* Motorola Xoom 3G Ice Cream Sandwich (Team EOS version)
The following keyboards have been successfully tested:
* Standard USB Keyboard
* Targus Nordic iPad/iPad2 Bluetooth Keyboard
* Logitech Desktop mk250
Keywords: USB, Bluetooth, Keyboard, Keymap, Keylayout, root, Danish, Denmark, å, Å, æ, Æ, ø, Ø
1.2 - Fix capslock for å, æ, ø
1.1 - Fix keylayout for ICS versions pre 4.0.3
1.0 - First release