Darker can lower your screen brightness to extremely low levels, to help prevent eyestrain during the night. Use the built-in color filter* to adjust the color of your display, perfect for filtering out harsh white backgrounds during the night.
This app is fully functional and does not include advertisements. Additional paid features are unlockable through an In-app purchase.
Xiaomi device / MIUI users need to go to Settings → Apps → Darker, and enable "Show popup windows" for Darker to work correctly.
Paid features include:
» Auto-On & Auto-Off
» Start at boot
» Lower brightness below 20%
» Darken navigation bar
» Custom filter colors
» Root mode
» Customizable notification buttons
• Up to three buttons can be added for quick access.
• Buttons to increase and decrease the brightness (+5%, -5%, +10%, -10%)
• Buttons to set a specific brightness (@0%, @10%, @20%, ... , @90%, @100%)
• Quick toggles (stop, pause, reset, color filter)
Note: When manually installing APK files, Android blocks the "Install" button from being pressed when Darker is running. This is NOT a bug. It's a protective measure to prevent malicious apps from camouflaging the install button. Pausing Darker will solve this.
*The color filter is similar to how the desktop version of f.lux works. Selecting a redder color will reduce more bluelight emitted from the display.
Darker has Tasker support, use these intents to send commands to Darker:
Add the above intents to Tasker by going to Action Category→Misc→Send Intent→Action, leave the other fields default, and note that the intents are case sensitive.
These two intents below need an additional parameter in the "Extra" field
darker.SETCOLOR "Extra" field: COLOR:1~16 (Colors are numbered left to right, top to bottom)
darker.COLORSTRENGTH "Extra" field: STRENGTH:1~10
The intent below needs the "Target" field set to "Service"
***NEW USERS: Click on the notification to enter the settings screen***
▪ Added option to ignore light sensor sudden brightness changes
▪ Compact notification buttons are back for Lollipop
▪ Fixed crash when entering empty light sensor values
▪ Removed APK pause option on Lollipop due to system limitations