Dashboard Cast is a personalized homescreen for Chromecast. Create and organise widgets to your liking and display them on your TV.
---- This app is developed on my free time, I do what I can to make this app work and bring new features. To help support the development of Dashboard Cast, you can make a donation from the app ----
Widgets available :
- Clock and date widget
- Weather widget : choose a location to get weather information for.
- RSS widget : enter an RSS feed URL and display it on Chromecast
- Calendar widget : read your phone's calendar and display it in agenda or monthly format
- Stock widget : select from a list of stock quotes
- Audio widget : play audio streams. Enter a url to an audio file or stream or playlist and listen to it on your chromecast. Supported audio file and playlist formats : mpeg (mp3, mp4, etc), .ogg, .pls, .xpsf, .m3u.
- Map widget : Weather layer or traffic map with directions information
Upcoming widgets and features :
- Weekly calendar view
- Picture carousel widget
- Integration with other audio services (podcasts, Google Music and others)
- Device notifications widget
- Choose your own backgrounds to display behind your widgets
- Start application and Chromecast on a schedule (alarm clock)
- Better widget position, options and size control
- Additional interaction with widgets on Chromecast from your device
- Want to suggest features to add to Dashboard Cast? Send an email to : [email protected]
More widgets and more personalization options coming in future versions.
Dashboard Cast widgets are still considered experimental. If there are any problems or issues, send an email to [email protected]
If you wish to help translate the app, send an email to [email protected]
with the language you wish to translate into.
- Read phone state : Needed to display advertisement.
- Approximate location : the weather widget has an option to use your current location to get weather data. The permission is needed to access the city you are in to display proper weather data.
- Read calendar events : the calendar widget needs this permission to send your upcoming events to Chromecast. If you do not have a calendar widget set up, the application does not look at your calendar data.
- Google Play billing service : necessary to make in-app donations to remove ads.
- Prevent phone from sleeping : if the phone sleeps while connected to the Chromecast, the connection is interupted. Therefore the application needs to prevent the CPU from going to sleep in order to keep the connection open.
Changes this version :
- Weather layers for map widget
- Option to disable widget scrolling
- Bug fixes