2012 Miami Dolphins Cycling Challenge App
Launched in 2010, the Dolphins Cycling Challenge (“DCC”) is a two-day tri-county charity cycling event. The purpose of the DCC is to increase cancer awareness, encourage healthy hobbies, and raise funds for the University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. In 2011, DCC II raised $1,070,000 for Sylvester, more than doubling the funds raised in the 2010 inaugural ride. The DCC has donated over $1.6 million to Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center since 2010.
Rides begin in Miami-Dade at Sun Life Stadium, in Broward at Huizenga Plaza and in Palm Beach at CityPlace through the weekend. Along each route, water stops will be located approximately every 15-20 miles, with food, beverages, entertainment, restroom facilities, medical treatment and mechanical assistance available for riders.
Following DCC III, Cyclists will be honored by the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, November 25th, 2012 as the team takes on the Seattle Seahawks. The check representing 100% of all rider raised funds will be presented to Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center in a pregame on-field ceremony on that day.
This app is for both Riders, Followers and Volunteers.
Features in the app:
1. View the latest media releases for the DCC
2. Search for Riders by Name or Location
3. Save riders to your Friend List
4. View riders goals, email links, read their personalized message and photo.
5. Track riders when they check in at a location
6. View / integrate the Official DCC Calendar into your Calendar
7. View training and nutritional information documents.
Rider specific features:
1. View/change your photo from your iOS device.
2. View your route
3. Connect with Facebook - posts to your Wall
4. Connect with Twitter - Tweets check ins
5. View/Thank/Add to Contacts your Sponsors
Minor bug fixes.