IMPORTANT: after an update, be sure to turn ON the app, as Play Store turs it off! You can check the status with the Homescreen widget!
Do you hate when iPhoto won't show the pictures you shot with your Android device, but it works fine with your friend's HTC Sense device? Why is that?!?
That's simply because Google's camera does not comply with the DCIM standard, used by every other Digital Camera in the world (HTC Sense does it!) and properly recognized by iPhoto.
With this app, your Android device will be able to comply and iPhoto will display and import your pictures.
- Hassle free "Configure once and forget forever!"
- Works with any picture taking app, not just the stock Android Camera!
- "Automagic" background moving of newly taken shots into the proper folder. No need to open the app each time you connect to iPhoto.
- Fully DCIM compliant and fully Android MediaServer compliant (pictures will not vanish from the Gallery).
- If you don't feel like moving, you can select to copy the pictures (but don't forget to check your free space!)
- ON/OFF switch to quickly enable or disable the app.
- Supported picture format: JPG, JPEG, PNG.
- Supported movie format: 3GP, M4A, M4V, MOV, MP4.
- Supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS X hosts (don't worry about Thumbds.db, ._IMG0001.jpg files and so on!)
ADVANCED FEATURES (which require a once-in-a-lifetime donation):
- Multiple folder monitoring: if you use Third Party apps (Camera MS, ICS Camera, ...) you can move/copy their pictures as well! Just add their folder to the monitored list.
CONTACT INFO: If you need support for a picture/movie format not yet supported, or if you need help configuring the app, don't post a comment in the Play Store, but contact the developer through email or at the Google+ page (https://plus.google.com/115133497526444505927/posts) so that he'll be able to help you.
TRANSLATIONS: If you see a mistake in the app you can fix it yourself at this address: http://www.getlocalization.com/DCIMHelper/ It's free, easy and you can even submit a single text at a time. Thanks to every user who already translated pieces of the app!
For more information about the DCIM standard: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_rule_for_Camera_File_system
Minor bug fixes and Android KitKat support.