Taking a step forward towards making travelling in public transport a smoother and a more reliable experience for commuters, Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS) has launched the NextBus Delhi application. Providing vital information on estimated travel time (ETT) between two given places by bus, estimated time of arrival (ETA) of buses, route details, locations of bus stops, trip planner, tracking of buses on a route etc., the application will help the passenger get all the information on the click of a button, all in real time.
The application is currently available for only Orange colored Delhi Transit buses, except for the Trip Planner and bus stop feature which gives data of the DTC bus routes also. The information for DTC operated buses for the rest of the features will soon be integrated into the application.
The application has the following features:
• Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA): Users can now find out the estimated time of arrival of a bus at a bus stop by entering the name of a bus stop and the route number.
• Estimated Travel Time (ETT): Users can find out the estimated time of travel by bus from one place to another by entering the name of the bus stop where the journey originates and the bus stop where the journey ends. The application gives the route number that a user would need to travel by to reach their destination. If there is no direct route, the user will be informed of the bus stop where they need to transfer to another route and this latter route number too is provided.
• Route Details: Users can get details of the route of a bus by entering the bus route number. All the bus stops on the route will be displayed and the user can then select any bus stop and further find out the ETA of next few buses at that selected bus stop.
• Track location of a bus: Users can enter the route number of the bus to track the location of all the buses on that particular route in real time on a map.
• Locate Bus Stop: Users can view the location of bus stops close to a particular location by just entering the locality name or address.
• Trip Planner: The application helps the user plan his trip. All one needs to do is to enter the start and end point of the journey and it will display all possible routes between the two specified locations. This feature gives details on both Delhi Transit (cluster) routes as well as the DTC routes.
Note: We have observed that some people complain about force close while trying to view route on MAP.
We found the only reason it crashes is when Google play services are not installed on the phone and that too when viewing the map. Google Play Services are required for displaying Google maps v2. Please download this file to your device if you face a similar problem. (Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms)
Brand name change.
Made minor UI modifications.
Fixed Map display issue.
Made minor UI modifications.
Provides some public interest messages.
Fixed few cosmetic issues.
Enhanced search suggestions in Locate Bus Stop and Trip Planner
Locate Bus Stop shows all Delhi Bus Stops and the route numbers stopping at the bus stop
ETA enhanced with current Location of vehicle
Track Routes enhanced to provide Estimated Time of Arrival along with location of buses.