Dell OpenManage Mobile is a software application that enables one to securely perform a subset of datacenter monitoring and server remediation tasks from a mobile device.
OpenManage Mobile can connect to your datacenter through the Dell OpenManage Essentials management console. This allows a user to monitor all systems managed by OpenManage Essentials such as Dell Servers, Storage, Networking, and Firewall appliances and any other supported third party appliance from your android mobile device.
OpenManage Mobile can also connect to a Dell PowerEdge server directly through the iDRAC interface. Once connected, a user can perform several basic management functions on the server. OpenManage Mobile can connect to a server in two possible ways:
1) Remotely using Wi-Fi or broadband network from anywhere.
2) Physically at the data center using Near Field Communications (NFC) technology. This requires a Dell 13G PowerEdge server equipped with an iDRAC Quick Sync Bezel.
Key Features of OpenManage Mobile –
• Connect to multiple OME servers from a single mobile device. Supports OpenManage Essentials 1.3 and 2.0.
• Connect to multiple 12G and 13G servers individually through the iDRAC web interface.
• Connect to multiple 13G servers through the iDRAC Quick Sync interface.
• Establish connection with individual 12G & 13G server OS desktops remotely using Virtual Network Computing (VNC). This feature requires android-vnc-viewer application. The free app can be downloaded from the google play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=android.androidVNC&hl=en)
• Receive critical alert notification on your mobile device as they arrive into your OpenManage Essentials management console.
• Acknowledge, forward and delete alerts from your mobile device.
• Browse device details, health status, firmware inventory, and event logs of individual systems.
• Perform server management functions such as Power On, Power cycle, Reboot, or Shutdown from the mobile application.
For more information on OpenManage Mobile please visit DELL TechCenter at www.delltechcenter.com/OMM
* Supports OME 2.0 and 13G PowerEdge servers (iDRAC8) while retaining support for OME 1.3 and 12G servers (iDRAC7).
* Supports iDRAC Quick Sync (NFC-based) management. Features include - View inventory, health, log, firmware, networking information. Configure networking, boot device, root credentials, and system reboot on 13G servers with iDRAC Quick Sync.
* Launch VNC connections to iDRAC from OMM.
* View health, firmware, and network details like IPv4/IPv6 and MAC address.