Requires that your GPS is turned on to work!
Find and locate information about any oil and gas well near you. The map interface shows all the wells up to the number you selected in the settings. The default is 50 and the app will attempt to show the closest 50 wells.
Touch the well and the map will re-center on that well. A pop up will appear showing the operator of the well and the distance from you to the well. If you moved the map from your current location, it will indicate the amount of distance between the point you located the center of the map and the well.
Touching the blue > will bring up additional information about the well.
Additionally you can switch to augmented reality mode by pressing the AR button in the upper right corner of the menu. This mode allows you to point the phone at a well (like you were taking a picture) and see the same well information you would in map view. Moving the phone and pointing it in a different direction will bring up other wells as long as they are within your view radius.
Clicking the well tag in this mode also brings up additional information about the well.
Preferences allow you to change the number of wells and switch between miles and kilometers
2600 Via Fortuna Dr
Austin, TX 78746
- Google Maps API from v1 to v2
- Tablet friendly layouts
- Better use of multi-core processors
- AR icon is now clickable on all devices
- AR map placement code works in all rotation angles
- Camera surface now works in multiple layouts
- Radar screen uses less memory
- AR Icons and popups rotate with screen
- Marker collision algorithm is more efficient
- Usage of volatile and synchronized methods has been reduced
- Large datasets no longer lock the UI for duration of the import process