Dicionário Priberam for Android allows users to search 16 dictionaries in a single app: 4 dictionaries of contemporary Portuguese (European Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese, with and without the spelling reform of 1990) and 12 translation assistants. Searching the dictionaries and the translation assistants requires an Internet connection and can be done with or without the spelling changes prescribed by the spelling reform of 1990.
The official version of Dicionário Priberam for Android was the first to allow the selection of the Brazilian Portuguese or the European Portuguese norm in the presentation of the dictionary entries.
With more than one million page views each day and regular updates, Dicionário Priberam is the most used online dictionary for the Portuguese language.
- Search the definitions of more than 110 000 entries, with synonyms and antonyms, subentries and expressions.
- Find out the origin of more than 37 000 words and the pronunciation of more than 5000 words.
- Choose between the spelling before or after the spelling reform of 1990.
- Select the Brazilian Portuguese or the European Portuguese norm.
- Keep up to date with the word of the day and the most searched words.
- Access verb conjugation in the active voice.
- Search by whole words or by sequences of characters in the definitions of every dictionary entry.
- Use 12 translation assistants from and to Portuguese, Spanish, French and English.
Please email any suggestions or corrections to [email protected]
Get the latest news:
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/priberam
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/priberam
What’s new in version 2:
- 12 translation assistants from and to Portuguese, Spanish, French and English that allow the translation of more than 180 000 words and collocations
- search by whole words or sequences of characters in definitions
- verb conjugation
- random word by shaking the device
- word sharing to Facebook and Twitter and by email