Make words of 3 or more letters by dragging your finger across the tile grid. When you make a word the letters disappear and more fall in from the top of the screen. Make as many words as you can before the clock runs down.
Diction has been rated suitable for all ages by
Due to customer feedback Diction now includes a much larger dictionary (175,000 words)!
You can play Diction in 4 modes:
* Classic: Each tile is worth 1 point. Clear as many tiles as you can before the time runs out.
* Arcade: Tiles have a weighted score depending on the difficulty of the letter (it's similar to the tiles in Scrabble, you get more points for a 'z' than an 'e'). Some tiles have multiplier bonuses which you can use to double or triple the points you score for the word. Other tiles have time bonuses. You can combine bonuses for extra time and points.
* Time Attack: Each tile is worth 1 point. You get additional time for each word you make. The longer the word, the more time you get.
* Puzzle: No additional tiles are added to the grid. You win by clearing the entire grid. Before the puzzle starts you are shown a selection of words which are
available in the puzzle, however you may need to cause some tiles to fall down to a lower level before a word is possible.
The additional features in Diction Pro are:
* No adverts.
* Support for portrait or landscape mode.
* The tile grid can be bigger (up to 9x9).
* There is an additional Fixed grid mode, where the tiles are fixed in place. And duplicate words do not count - a bit like Boggle.
* Fixes for some Tegra based devices (including the Nexus7)