PolyDict is an offline dictionary app that searches the multiple dictionaries at a time.
It also provides the features to increase your vocabulary.
* Supports StarDict Format Dictionaries
- Use StarDict format dictionaries on the Internet as it is.
- See the images and hear the sounds included in dictionaries.
* Supports All-In-One Dictionary Format (PolyDict format)
- Contents, images and sounds packed in a single file (.cl) for easy sharing.
- Faster search algorithm.
- Useful when a dictionary has too many resource files for your mobile device.
- Batch converter for Linux, Windows and Mac. (for a mass of converions)
(Download from http://shorajin.com/polydict-converter)
* History Slide
- See the searched words as a slide show.
- Double tap to review the meaning.
- Useful when you want to review while exercising or
doing something else.
* Provides 'Word of the Day' widget.
* Provides 'Table of Contents' of each dictionary.
* History and Bookmark Features.
* More tidy contents output.
* Supports Common Pronunciation Files *
- Use common pronunciation files for dictionaries
containing no pronunciations. (Users install)
- The folder names for each common pronunciation type should
be 'am' for American English, 'br' for British, and 'others' for the others.
(mp3, wav file recognition)
- Put the pronunciation files in one folder flat,
(e.g. in 'voice/am/', 'voice/br/')
Or in sub folders named with the first letter of the words.
(e.g. '/voice/am/a' ~ '.../z', '/voice/others/あ' ～ '.../お')
Please email us for problems report or feedback.
Please use e-mail for questions and problems.
- Turns on or off search by category
- Automatic categorization for uncategorized dictionaries
- Searches word in clipboard automatically
- Shows initial letters of the dictionary title
- Automatic language detection for dictionaries.
- Status bar to show the word count
- Provides shortcut to vocabulary list
- Enables widgets in the lock screen
- Fix: main menu caused crash in some devices
- Fix: white space before search word caused search failure