"The new app designed to create more quality time with your kids. This is Brilliant." - ABC TV Good Morning America
"The app is the simplest solution you’ll find for parents who want to give their kids time-outs from their phones & tablets." - Lifehacker
DinnerTime Parental Control in “20 of the best Android apps from June.” - The Guardian
"Hot tech life hacks to make the most of summer." - USA Today
"Parents struggling to get their children away from smartphones and tablets for meals, homework, exercise and other activities can arm themselves with new apps to remotely block access to the devices." - Reuters
The DinnerTime app gives parents the ability to easily lock and unlock their child’s Android tablet or smartphone, without intrusive controls, no matter where they are. Attention that normally would be on an electronic device is now refocused to the family encouraging more quality time.
The app works from the parent’s phone (Android or iPhone) to link up to two kids' Android devices:
Watch short tutorial on how to setup DinnerTime: http://youtu.be/2GDgJRRv3b8
Notes for Parents: Most of the 1-star ratings are from children. Our app has one of the highest parent satisfaction rating in Google Play.
1. Instant blocking:
*Dinner Time Break* - pauses any activity for any set time, up to 2 hours.
*Take a Break* - pauses any activity for any set time, up to 24 hours.
2. Bed Time control: set a start and end time to pause any activity while in Bed Time mode. This still allows kids to access their alarm clock.
3. Enhanced Lock feature: optional blocking feature for parents to provide the highest level of restriction control. When ‘enhanced lock feature’ is turned ON, the child’s device will be completely locked with no access to any apps including incoming phone calls while restrictions are enforced.
4. Add a second parent: share the DinnerTime parental control with another parent by linking to their phone.
5. Parent notification: notify parents if unusual child’s device activities are detected to give parents peace of mind.
During these “break” times the child’s ability to use their device - everything from apps to the Internet to texting and calling friends - is temporarily disabled, only incoming calls are allowed while you spend quality time together. Kids can even see the countdown of how much time remains before they are able to access their device again, without any distractions from schoolwork, spending time with the family, or even getting to bed on time.
If you need to manage more than 2 devices or look for extra features such as usage time, time limit to device or individual specific app, please refer our DinnerTime Plus app for both devices.
As DinnerTime is cloud-enabled you can use all of the parent’s phone features described above from any location, whether that be in the supermarket, or if your child is at a friend’s house.
Supported languages include English, Chinese, Portuguese and Korean with more coming.
Important update!! Make sure latest app version is installed on both parent’s & kid’s devices
- Android 5.0 Lollipop support
- Advanced app protection from kids ;)
- Bug fix on parent app token expiration issue