Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your Android phone or Android Wear device!
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
With the release of its all-new 4th generation Directed SmartStart app, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is easier than ever – including control via your Android Wear smart watch!
- Add a SmartStart module to the Directed remote start or security system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere.
- Add a SmartStart GPS module instead, and you can also locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- For the ultimate connected car experience, install a complete Directed SmartStart Digital System and you’ll also get notified if your vehicle sets a diagnostic code, along with direct feedback from the car databus for feature status. Check out the 60 Day Free Trial GPS Premium service that’s included at no extra cost with these systems!
- For even more convenience, add a Directed SmartKey module and your car will unlock when it detects you approaching, and lock again automatically when you walk away.
- Directed SmartStart is designed for use with compatible remote start and security systems sold under the following brands: Astrostart, Automate, AutoStart, Avital, Clifford, and Python.
Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car using your Android device, with the exciting new 4.0 SmartStart app.
The sleek, modern dashboard of Directed SmartStart 4.0 gives you fingertip control over the following features of your installed remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Aux channels
Follow these three simple steps to get Directed SmartStart:
1) Download the free Directed SmartStart app
2) Get a SmartStart system installed in your vehicle
3) Set up your account, and start using your SmartStart system
Directed SmartStart 4.0 also includes free Guest membership in Motor Club, providing convenient flat rate 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire. No hardware or service purchase required.
New for Directed SmartStart 4.0
- Completely redesigned app with the controls you use most often right at your fingertips, and other useful features just a tap or swipe away
- New swipe to start feature eliminates accidental remote start commands (modern dashboard)
- User-selectable dashboard and home page settings – now you can customize the app for the way you use it
- Map page now integrates GPS and SmartPark features seamlessly with quick access for programming location or movement alerts
- One-touch vehicle selection menu with integrated vehicle status page
- One-touch access to Alert history and new alert programming.
- Built-in tutorial videos, help overlay on key pages, and guided on-boarding process make getting to know SmartStart 4.0 easier than ever.
- Supports Directed SmartKey passive lock/unlock features
- Set up your own SmartStart account right from the app including picking your own personalized password (now required for users that have Bluetooth-only Directed SmartKey or DSM50BT systems; optional for new SmartStart cellular system owners).
- In-app management of your SmartStart vehicles and their associated service plans.
- Start, lock or unlock your car using your Android Wear smart watch, or send other commands.
- Receive alert notifications on your phone and Android Wear smart watch if vehicle alarm is triggered, or a SmartStart GPS alert is received (push notification support now included in app, server-side support will be added shortly)
- Improvements to command status display for Android Wear devices
- Addresses app crash & hang issues some users have experienced